This is a two day course aimed at Social Worker and Practitioners to support effective interventions with families. It aims to teach participants the spirit and principles involved in using Motivational Interviewing (MI) to help people make behavioural and attitudinal change.
Participants will have learned and practised essential skills in MI. The training will aim to create curiosity to continue learning and develop practice
Target Audience: This course is available for BCP Council Children's Services staff and our BCP Multi-agency partners.
Course Objectives: Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Learn and experience the fundamental spirit and processes of MI.
- Witness examples of adherent MI though live, audio and video demonstrations.
- Learn and strengthen, though practice, empathetic counselling skills essential to MI.
- Understand and practice the guiding aspects of MI.
- Directly experience the MI approach in a protective environment.
- Gain an awareness of the extensive literature supporting MI as an evidence base in working with complexity and facilitating change
Course Cost: £125.00 There is a £125.00 course fee for this training for all non-BCP Children's Services staff. This will include BCP Agency staff. BCP permanent staff will not be charged for this course. This course will be charged at 100% if your place is cancelled within 1 week of the training. This course will be charged at 50% if your place is cancelled within 2 weeks of the training. This course will be fully refunded if your place is cancelled within 4 weeks of the training.
- A Hearing Loop is installed at this venue.
- Refreshments: Tea, coffee, water & biscuits are available but meals are not provided.
- There is no parking on site during school hours.
Facilitator: Jackie Webb
Please book your place via CPD Online here