The BCP Youth Forum is open to all young people aged 11 – 19 from the BCP area this opportunity provides local young people with the chance to shape projects, debate, contribute to consultations, and access a range of local, regional and national opportunities.
The BCP Council Youth Forum team have:
- participated in the Southern Policy Centre’s consultation on COVID-19 recovery
- participated in the Southern Policy Centre’s consultation on the Future of our cities
- re-written BCP Council’s Climate Change Emergency Action plan to make it accessible to young people (due to it’s success this version was then used with the general public as part of the wider public engagement)
- been involved in the shaping the questions used as part of Children’s Services engagement with young people about the impact of COVID-19
- contributed to the Future Parks, Green infrastructure strategy consultation
- discussed the impact of homelessness in the BCP area
- shared their views within the Community engagement and volunteering strategy consultation
- explored the priorities and actions in the Children and Young People’s Plan and given suggestions on how to make it more relevant to local young people
- attended South West regional conventions to represent the local area
- attended the British Youth Council’s Annual meeting
- been key members in a South West Youth Representatives research project exploring the topic of SEND Education
- developed the Youth Fund project proposal.